OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENTS
KaterinaPerez.com respect the privacy of every person who visits, registers with or subscribes to our website (“you”), and are committed to ensuring a safe online experience.
This Privacy Statement outlines the information we may collect about you in relation to your use of our website and services (“personal data”) and how we may use that personal data. It also outlines the methods by which we and our service providers may (subject to necessary consents) monitor your online behaviour in order to deliver customised advertisements and marketing materials and other tailored services. This Privacy Statement also tells you how you can verify the accuracy of your personal data and how you can request that we delete or update it.
This Privacy Statement applies to KaterinaPerez.com. Please note that KaterinaPerez.com may contain links to external sites and may contain advertisements for, and/or the opportunity for you to purchase products or services from third parties. This privacy statement does not cover the activities of such third parties, and you should consult those third party sites` privacy policies for information on how your data is used by them.
By accessing and using KaterinaPerez.com you are agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Information about us
Our principal business activities are:
KaterinaPerez.com provides wide-ranging independent editorial coverage focused on various aspects of fine jewellery. Unique content is uploaded several times a week, with stories ranging from announcements of brands’ new collections, jewellery focused events, reports from major exhibitions to shopping guides and trend overviews.
27 Old Gloucester Street
London WC1N 3AX
Collection of Personal Data
Our primary goal in collecting personal data from you is to give you an enjoyable customised experience whilst allowing us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs.
We collect certain personal data from you, which you give to us when using our website and/or registering or subscribing for our products and services. However, we also give you the option to access our website home pages without subscribing or registering or disclosing your personal data.
Please note that we do not intend to collect any personal data from children under thirteen years of age and no child under thirteen should submit any personal data to our website. Should we discover that any such personal data has been delivered to any of the website, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Types of Personal Data Held and its Use
Customer Services and Administration
KaterinaPerez.com collects personal data such as your name and email address in order to register you for access to certain content and subscriptions.
This information is used to administer and deliver to you the products and/or services you have requested, to operate our website efficiently and improve our service to you, and to retain records of our business transactions and communications. By using the Sites and submitting personal information through the registration process you are agreeing that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the website services and developing our business.
Monitoring use of our website
Where, as part of our website services, we enable you to post information or materials on our website, we may access and monitor any information which you upload or input, including in any password-protected sections. Subject to any necessary consents, we also monitor and/or record the actions taken on our website, e.g. content viewed or searched for. We may use technology or a service provider to do this for us. This information may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- to fulfil our obligations to you;
- to improve the efficiency, quality and design of our website and services;
- to see which articles, features and services are most read and used to track compliance with our terms and conditions of use, e.g. to ensure that you are acting within the scope of your user licence;
- for marketing purposes (subject to your rights to opt-in and opt-out of receiving certain marketing communications) for advertising purposes, although the information used for these purposes does not identify you personally;
- to protect or comply with our legal rights and obligations;
- and to enable our journalists to contact and interact with you online in connection with any content you may post to our website.
Please see paragraph below for more information on cookies and similar technologies and a link to a page where you can turn them on or off.
Some of your personal data collected under paragraph above may be used by us to contact you by email.
We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications and will in certain circumstances need to obtain your consent before sending such communications to you. Further detail can be found on our website and in each marketing communication sent by us. See also “Consents and opt-outs” section below.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are pieces of information which include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie.
- remember that you have used the website before;
- this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the website. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get and make sure that the website runs fast enough;
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the website; store your preferences so that you do not need to input these every time you visit the site;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of website for you; record activity on our website so that we understand how you use our website enabling us to better tailor our content, services and marketing to your needs;
- collect statistical information about how you use the website so that we can improve the website;
- and gather information about the pages on the website that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is only collected by reference to the IP address that you are using, but does include information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. Some of the cookies used by our website are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services (such as interest based advertising directed at your market segment) on our behalf.
To see a list of the cookies and similar technologies used on this website,click here.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies in general by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking, deleting or turning off cookies used on the website you may not be able to take full advantage of the website.
Email tracking: So that we can better understand our users` needs, we track responses to our emails – for example, to see which links are the most popular in newsletters, and to log and follow up responses to our marketing messages. To do this, we use pixel GIFs, also known as “pixel tags” – these are small image files that are placed within the body of our email messages. They enable us to tell if a message has been opened and to track click-throughs on links within the message.
Any other purposes for which KaterinaPerez.com wishes to use your personal data will be notified to you and your personal data will not be used for any such purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
Consents and opt-outs
You can give your consent to or opt out of particular uses of your data as indicated above by:
Indicating at the point on the relevant website where personal data is collected;
Informing us by email to email@example.com.
Our website allows for user generated content available under the comment facilities. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Data
We are committed to keeping the data you provide us secure and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or alteration.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features described above to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How to Access, Update and Erase your Personal Information
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect new legislation or industry practice and customer feedback. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.